Tuesday, 3 February 2015

The Title

As a group, we've had countless conversations about the name of our film. We wanted something short and memorable, similar to 'sinister' or 'insidious'; a single word with a dark meaning. We spent a stupid amount of time on the online dictionary and looking through the thesaurus for synonyms of 'doll', 'scary' and 'forest'. For a while, we settled on the name 'Marionette' (An italian word and synonym for doll) we thought this worked well as the doll has become the main focus of our film, we also thought it was original. Until we realised that it sounded like a bad remake of 'Annabelle'.

While editing the title credits, Holly and I decided to change the title from Marionette, we thought it was far too cheesy to keep. So after messaging the others on the group chat, we decided to change it to 'Beggar's Hollow'. The name comes from the street which ran alongside our filming location, I chose a location name as 'Eel Marsh House' in the Woman in Black is so memorable, as is 'Radcliffe House'. 

I'm still not keen on the name, I think whatever we choose will be cheesy, but we have bigger things to worry about right now. i.e . all the editing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment