Over the past few days editing has been primarily focused on sound. We've also been trying to cut the clips down so that our film opening is a total of two minutes. This has been the hardest part of editing so far. I really don't want to shorten any more clips or delete something that could later be important. Bella's section in the forest is now only 5 or 6 short shots even though we originally took about 15. Keeley's swing scene is now only about 7 shots even though we'd planned to have many more. I think we would ruin the opening if we were to delete any more from these sections. But I'm also hesitant to shorten the longer takes because I feel that horror movies should be made up of long takes in order to build tension. So I don't know how we're ever going to get it close to two minutes!
The other issue with editing at the moment is syncing the music in time with the footage. We've been trying to get violin shrieks in time with the jump cuts. It's a lot easier said than done.
Once we've sorted these issues, I think we also need to begin working on our production company. We need a frame in the beginning of the opening which introduce our company, this may be a struggle to insert as we've already gone over the time allowance. We also need to think of an image and possible animation to go along with our production company name, something we've not even considered. At least we have a name!
Ludio Studios.
(Ludio is 'Marionette' translated into latin)
No comments:
Post a Comment